Saturday, October 22, 2005

New Toys


I did go to Boston this morning and got some new stuff to play with. I got a set of bamboo dp needles size 1-8, two hanks of GORGEOUS Mountain Colours wool and a skein of junky yarn to practice with.

The girl at the store offered to show me how to work with the dp's which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. As soon as I got home, I pulled what was on the needles off and started over again to be sure I could do it. I knit several rounds and cast off and it's actually more fun than I thought it would be.

Now I'm off to find a sock pattern...I have one but it's just a rib pattern. I had thought stocking stitch would be better, I dunno. Maybe I'll work one sock up with the junk yarn to see what it looks like before wasting the Mountain colours yarn on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, good luck on the DPNs. That's what I started knitting on, so anything else seems like a challenge. lol
Where did you shop in town? I was out and about at Woolcott, then over to Windsor Button, then to a bookstore to look for a knitting book, which i finally found. I love to shop for yarn and knitting stuff. I also picked up a couple of skeins of that variegated sock yarn. But, since I found a sweater pattern, I'm going to work on that first.
Dave
http://cabincove.com

Jerry said...

I was at Windsor Button about 10.15 this morning :-) Haven't been to Woolcott yet, need to check that one out.

REALLY having fun with the dp's. I'm almost done with the ribbing on a cuff for this test sock. Dunno why I never tried these before.

Isn't the Mountain Colours yarn awesome? It feels so soft. What colours did you get?

I SHOULD be working on my Aran cardigan. Tomorrow is another day, I'm just having a hell of a good time with these dp's and don't want to put them down. I love learning something new.

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your socks! They are very very addictive!