Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mish mash on a Tuesday

I started the left front of the cardigan last evening. Never knit buttonholes in my life until last night. They're not as bad as I thought they'd be. The hard part for me will be figuring out how to secure yarn to do the blanket stitch around them for reinforcement.

I've been seeing so many knitting blogs showing socks and dp needles that I decided after I finish this cardigan, I have to attempt a pair of socks. I've never tried dp needles and thought it's about time. I have an issue of Knitters magazine from last year that has a way funky pair of socks I want to try although, that self-striping sock yarn has me intrigued too.

It started off nice and overcast today but now the sun decided to come out and ruin everything. I'm a bit weird that way, I guess. There's times I really love grey, dreary weather. It's a great time to curl up on the sofa with a good movie and knit all day.

Samhain is fast approaching too so I need to set up for that. It's my very favourite holiday, especially since last year I felt my mom's presence VERY strongly.

Had so much on my mind this morning, I should have written at 5 AM. Can't remember half of what I was thinking now.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Knitting socks is the best!

Here's something for you to write about: your armband, which completely rocks, is on display in the Rock-Along Gallery. :)

http://brainylady.blogspot.com/rock-along.htm

Jerry said...

:-) Thanks Alison! I should probably make another one to match, eh?

Socks will definitely be the next project. You guys have me all intrigued with them