Thursday, November 10, 2005

More Socks


I've been working on my sock for most of the late afternoon. This is how far I've gotten. I like the colourway of this yarn. Not sure the crossed 'cable' pattern works with it...it's very hard to see. Yes, that's Jake Hansen from Melrose Place on the tv. I'll admit it, I'm a Melrose fan.

For a guy who 1) hates soap operas and 2) has never really had much of a draw to tv, you sure couldn't prove it these past few months. Especially with Dallas and Knots Landing on the Soaps network. I can't miss them. I'm just sayin'...

Just a few more days and I'll have pics of the Aran cardigan up here. I need to get buttons for it first. I also need to figure out how to do the blanket stitch around the buttonholes. That's giving me a bit of trouble.

Bad news is, I definitely have to sell it...it's too small for me :-( While I enjoyed knitting it, I don't like doing the same thing over again so soon. Maybe after the holidays. I was so pissed as I wanted to wear it. I am very proud of it and the grafting technique I had to do on the back of the neck facing. It wasn't the easiest thing to do on a cable pattern but I did the best I could and I think it looks good. At least it's neat. My grandmother would be proud.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can not believe how addicted to socks you've gotten. I am still a little gun shy about going small than a size US5 needle. (I had a bad needle malfunction/incident as a child. lol)
I can relate to the sweater size thing. I quit smoking and put on a few pounds, so the sweater I'm making doesn't fit. A friend said to save it, you never know...

Lis said...

Argh, how sad. Sean is right though, but if you do try Ebay, don't undersell yourself.

Gewel said...

Knots Landing... Good memories! LOL. That's good knittn' material!

Jerry said...

SEAN- No, I've never sold anything on eBay...yet. :-)

Jerry said...

Dave- I ripped that sock :-) I got an idea that maybe a small cable down the side would look better than that rib pattern which was impossible to see. I knit them on size 2 which honestly isn't bad. I never thought I'd ever willingly use that small a needle but they do work up fast.

I quit smoking too, 8 August. I think I need to cut out alcohol, that doesn't help. I should save it for having a glass of Absinthe ONLY when I have it. The rest I can do without but I'm an Absinthe hound.

Jerry said...

Lissa- I'm not that sad about the cardi. Whoever buys it will be getting a fine sweater tthey'll be proud to own/wear. I'm just pissed because everything seems to come out small lately. I knit tight but not THAT tight.

Jerry said...

Ginx- Yeah, Knots is a great show. Back in the day I watched the originals when I'd go to stitch & bitch with my mom. It was fun so it brings back a lot of great memories now :-)