Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hell's Bells

No, not AC/DC's song tho it's one of my all time faves! While eating breakfast just now,I saw Kate Bush finally put out a new album, Aerial. It's a double album. Hell's Bells, it's only been 12 years or more. I'm curious how many of her fans have held on or if she is even remembered. She did say once she had a baby, that was it, the music would be history. I'm actually surprised she's put this out considering she has a son now.

The Boston Globe gave it an ok review saying she's still pretty much as she was. I'm trying to decide what to do. I know some of what is on it is nothing like she's ever done before which could be good...or not. There's a domestic release and an import release. I usually go for the imports but at $47. Amazon price, I'm not sure I want to take the risk. I didn't like her last album at all, save for one or two songs, I thought it was crap. I was sorely disappointed in The Sensual World she put out in the early 90's but it is listenable. I guess I love her weirder, wild stuff better-the first five albums were amazing, The Dreaming being my absolute all time favourite.

Maybe iTunes has it, I can sample it before I decide to buy the physical product.

Yes, I know...Kate is not heavy metal and I said I'm a metal fan. I like lots of music, so long as it's not rap/hip-hip whatever the difference is.

Sorry for that indulgence...now back to your regularly scheduled knitting blog....

No comments: