Sunday, December 04, 2005

WOW! That's a lot of knitting!


I think I'm finally done with all the gift knitting? At least it appears so from this photo. Last evening, sat on my sofa, I had brought my iPod down and listened to a bunch of the knitting podcasts. I had the house to myself and just sitting there knitting listening to knitting podcasts was probably the most enjoyable evening I've had in a long time. I drank a million cups of hot chocolate which is surprising as I don't normally drink it this early in the season, nor do I generally drink anything with caffeine at night.

Which brings me to my next toy. I am totally enchanted with this hot beverage maker. Don Imus has been crowing about this Tassimo machine for a while now so I couldn't take it anymore and set out to get one. Bed Bath & Beyond had them in stock. I think I got it Wednesday. Now I've not drunk coffee in over 4 years....I cannot get enough of this. You pop the discs in and you have a cup of coffee, a cup of tea, hot chocolate, a latte, espresso or whatever else you want. I'm not wild about the coffee, I'm much more of a tea drinker but the latte is addictive! I love those! I also quite like the hot chocolate. The novelty hasn't worn off yet but it's nice to know I can have a latte quite easily when I want one.

Now I need to go make a cup of tea and package all these gifts up and get them ready for the post tomorrow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, you HAVE been busy. I gues caffeine has it's positive qualities. (I don't drink coffee, either.) You have been very productive. You gotta love this time of year, huh? And I see you're tagging everything with your labels. Excellant!

Rain said...

That is a lot of knitting! It all looks great and I bet everyone will love their gift.

I also bet that the Tassimo craze will last for 3 months and come March it will be living in a cupboard ;)

Jerry said...

Dave-I'm not sure if I love this time of year. It just happened that I picked up the knitting again so close to the holidays. It certainly made it easier than fighting crowds in the stores.

The tags are thanks to you :-) You started that

Jerry said...

Rain- Thank you, it's funny to see so much of it in such a short time. I think everyone will like their gifts. I hope so anyway.

Right then, the Tassimo will be collecting dust by my birthday (14 March). LOL! Hope not but I doubt I'll be using it quite this much by then.

Crafty Andy said...

Jerry what beutiful cornucopia of colors, It got me in the mood again. LOL

Jerry said...

Hi Andy~ Thank you. The colours were really nice. ANd those slippers will last until the end of time so everyone should be happy LOL! Glad I was able to inspire you-get knitting/crocheting :-)

Your dog is beautiful!!!

City Wiccan said...

Tassimo . . . I saw that on Martha Stewart Apprentice. The teams had to create a marketing plan to sell them. They looked great!!

Wow . . that's great with your knitting gifts. I haven't got that far yet . . . I'm not even close. You're lucky!

Jerry said...

I'd only been hearing Imus crowing about the Tassimo so I had to go see what the hell it was all about. I keep forgetting Martha's Apprentice. I like her. Anyway, the Tassimo is really great! I love it! I have another friend in Canada who said she can't find them-I don't think they're sold there yet.