Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Winter Solstice


I know I'm a day early but I wanted to wish everyone a very happy Yule now so I don't forget tomorrow.

That said, I got a nasty bug over the weekend. I went to Boston on Saturday and had to have picked something up on the train. Lots of people hacking up all over the place. It hit me at 2 AM Saturday night/Sunday morning. I had a fever just high enough to let me know I was sick but not high enough to put me into a fever delirium and man, did I ache! Just getting back to myself today.

Anyway, I was too weak to even pick up my needles over the weekend but have been looking for a good pattern for fingerless gloves. Anybody know of one? I had one but not being well versed in dp's yet, I'm not quite sure how to re-work the pattern which has got to be wrong. It's ok up till the index finger but where it tells to start the index finger is actually at the pinkie end of your hand. I wasted expensive alpaca the first time I tried them, I don't want to waste anymore of it but I would desperately love a pair of alpaca fingerless gloves before winter is over.

I think tonight I'm going to just work on the Aran afghan. I'm still not feeling 100% so will take it easy.

Oh, the graphic above....there's a gallery of many similar types here at Witch Way. I love the organic feel of these.


Listening To: Saturday Love ~ Cherelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor baby. Feel better.
And, happy Yule. It sucks to have to work it today. I usually take it off. The "other" holiday is lost on me. One year, after Yule was over, I took down the tree. I'll never forget the horrified look on a woman's face as I dragged the tree to the dumpster. It was Christmas morning. It was one of those moments that lasts forever. It was just a day for chores. lol

Rain said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Happy Yule! Hope the light half of the year brings you health and happiness.

Gewel said...

Love the pic. Happy Yule!