Saturday, December 10, 2005

Lots of snow makes for great knitting


We got dumped on yesterday, it snowed early in the morning but tapered off to rain, only to pick up later in the afternoon again. It was total white out conditions so I did what any knitter would do, I sat on the sofa and knit :-) Thanks to Kae for pointing me to the fingerless gloves. I got those done. And finishing up on the socks in the Limbo yarn. I think I'll do another set of fingerless gloves in alpaca, once I get to Boston to get some more.

All the holiday knitting is done so I can get back to my stuff, namely the cable sampler sweater. I want to get that one done as there's a Rowan cable sweater I want to do. So much knitting and winter is only so long.

More later....

6 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Very cool projects!! Socks scare me for some reason; someday I'll try making some.

Jerry said...

Thank you Drew! Socks are awesome! Honestly...you have to knit a pair. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd knit on such small neeldes but they work up so fast and are really fun to watch take shape! Really.....give it a try. Socks are a novelty I'll never get tired of

Anonymous said...

I still haven't made any socks yet myself. I learned how to knit so I could make my own socks, and I have so many socks books, yarns and DPNs, and still havne't done it. And you only started doing them a few weeks back, too? Damn!!!
The fingerless goves came out great, too.

Jerry said...

Dave~ I think it was October sometime when I knit my first sock? I was hooked from the first one, the cuff/leg goes fast but the real magic, for me, starts when you begin the heel. Turning it is fun and I love watching the decreases when you shape the toe. I never thought I'd enjoy knitting something on such small needes.

Rain said...

Great gloves, love the yarn.

Jerry said...

Rain~ The yarn is Red Heart in a colour called GEMSTONE. If you can't find it and want some, let me know and I'd be happy t pick up a few skeins for you. The colours really are nice looking!