Saturday, January 28, 2006

Jaywalking

Today was a good day. Chatted with Kae a bit in the early afternoon (Thanks Kae, that was fun!) and then got down to business and playing with my new toy. I got a yarn swift and ball winder this morning.


This thing is so much fun I could wind yarn all day. I think it's definitely time I start trying to dye some yarn now. Anyway, I wound some alpaca I had left over from the fingerless mittens, this yarn here from an afghan, a skein of Cherry Hill Tree sock yarn and that was it for today. I wish I had waited to wind the Socks That Rockyarn but I was too impatient and wound that the old fashioned way over two chair backs. The colourway, Fire On The Mountain was too hot for me not to dive right in.

Here is my Jaywalker sock so far.


I'm loving this. The colour is awesome and the zig zag pattern is way cool. The only thing I hate dislike about these is they are knit on size 1 dpn. The needles are so thin they feel like they're going to snap at any moment. They also make it harder to work the heel flap as the stitches want to slide off instead of slip over to the other needle. But I think these socks are well worth it. Can't wait to wear these.

Man I wish my gram was alive, I think she'd have a different opinion on socks now a days than the pair she did that got tossed aside.

No comments: