Monday, February 06, 2006

Socks Done



Hell's bells I have the worst subject lines. I should have my buddy A come up with some for me. He always has interesting e mail subject lines.

I've just spent the past six hour scrubbing woodwork down and doing 60 loads of laundry. I'm tired now so I thought I'd post to my blog and then go do a bit of knitting.

Anyhoo....the Jaywalker socks are done, I finished those Friday evening. I really love these. They don't slouch down at all so let's hear it for bias knitting! I had attempted to start the Friday Harbour socks from Nancy Bush, however the cuff was not working out..couldn't get the second needle to work out properly so I pulled it out and put the yarn away. I decided to get the cable sampler sweater I had begun yet again and work on that. So that's what I've been doing since yesterday.

My mind must be getting old because I'm up to the sleeve shaping (it's a dolman sleeve) and it's taking me a while to figure out which way to work the charts as I cast on at the start of each row. It's funny, the first time I knit this I did it in the colour blocking it was designed in and was really excited. Now, I'm really not that excited about it. I guess I've done it too much. It's a good looking sweater, I just could care less LOL! If it works out this time, fine (I'll be shocked but happy). If not, I'm just throwing all the yarn out, not even going to attempt to save it. I've had it with this sweater.

I was stupid, I said this would have been brilliant in natural fisherman wool and I end up buying charcoal yarn for it 3 or 4 years ago. The original colours were stunning...all muted gem tones. Green, purple, blue and aqua. I do wish Aarlan yarn were still available as I still think even the yarn I have for this is too soft. I am using Jaeger Matchmaker yarn...Aarlan Royale is what it was designed in. My substitute doesn't look like it has the hand of the Aarlan but oh well LOL!

No comments: