Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Knock Knock....


Anybody remember me? I guess with the Olympics over, it's time to get back to normal. But damn what a let down...nothing exciting to watch on tv anymore. Aside from the skating, I really enjoyed these games. I think the new scoring system sucks and is ruining the artistry of figure skating. What Surya Bonaly was highly criticised for 12 years ago or so is now what skating is all about. SO many falls, it looks sloppy now. Oh well...that's just my opinion of it. I enjoyed the other games far more although I did love the skating exhibition. And I started to get into curling....it's really a lot more interesting than I thought. And through it all, I still really want to try luge! Now comes the countdown until Vancouver.

I didn't join the knitting Olympics although I did start another pair of Jaywalkers using some green yarn. I've been itching for green socks and I love this colourway. I'm on the gusset of the second sock now. There's a pair of socks that are rather unique looking that I need to find some solid sock yarn for...I think I'd like to tackle those next.

On these green socks, I thought I'd try something different and went with the Eye of Partridge heel flap. I think it doesn't show up too well in a variegated yarn. It looks a bit different, more dense but you can't really see the honeycomb effect too well.

Man, wasn't the Flying Tomato great? I love Shaun White!


That's really all that's gone on since my last post. My display shit the bed last Friday so I had to go buy another one. Really didn't need that added expense but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

So you can see I lead a rather dull day to day existence ROTFLOL! The Olympics come on and life stops. I don't answer my phone, I don't answer the door, I don't want interruptions. I told Chris if anybody rings me, tell them I've died. LOL! This dude loves his winter games!

Hope you all are well and I promise to catch up and stay caught up now. And now...for my sock....well, actually, it's up there on top.

Listening to: I Can't Stand It ~ Lita Ford

No comments: