Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Entrelac at the Olympics


I'm sorry I've been neglecting my blog lately. I guess I get so wrapped up in the Olympics. I had to make an appointment with my tax preparer who is taking me on Saturday afternoon. I even told him to please hold on,I had to check to see what games were on the Olympics before I could commit to that time LOL! He was not amused, judging by his tone. Hey I'm sorry, these only happen once every 4 years.

Speaking of the games, I"m sort of mixed about them. I'm seeing no medal ceremonies like in years past, the figure skating seems to be all jumbled up, more so than I ever remember, they're not really talking to many of the skaters. Not that I'm only tuning in for the skating, I love almost all of them. I'm jus as rabid, if not more-so on the luge and ski jumping.

And have you gotten a look at the medals? I just saw my first one last evening. Man they look cheap. The look like spray painted CD's. Nagano Japan medals were beautiful, these look cheesy-just like Johnny Weir does LOL! God I hate him.

So contrary to how it sounds, I am really enjoying them. I'm sure I'll sleep for a week and a half when its over. I'm not used to staying up until 11.30 or later. I'm usually in bed by 9 or 9.30 the latest so my ass is dragging by the time I'm hauling it to bed.

I've been knitting an entrelac scarf off and on while the games have been going on. I did this in the mid 80's but it seemed easier and neater then for some reason. I should try switching needles, I've not done this on addi turbos before and that may be why. There's a sweater in an old issue of Knitters that has an entrelac yoke . It looks beautiful, the body is brown & the entrelac pattern is graduating shades of brown from dark to almost white. I'm debating weather to attempt it...it's not a 'real' pattern but is based on EZ's percentage system. I'll keep reading through it to see if I can figure out and if I can do it. I hope I can, it's a very handsome sweater.

No comments: