Monday, January 23, 2006

Finishings



Jesus I dunno what's been wrong with me. Just seem to have withdrawn. I need to snap out of it and get back to the land of the living. The snow is falling like mad-something I think I need to feed my soul, so it's a good day to work on projects which is what I think I'm going to do.

The Aran afghan is done :-) I need to sew it together and will post pictures later. I'm pretty jazzed about that.

In other knitting news, I needed a new pair of slippers. I went through two double soles on the green ones I knit way back in November. These new ones are from Elizabeth Zimmermann's book Knitting Without Tears. I love these, I think the point on the toe is a riot. They knit up extremely fast and you basically knit a square and fold it to form a cuff and the foot. I ran out of yarn which is why one has a blue foot and the other is plain oatmeal. I'll be making lots more of these.

Here's also the socks I made for my friend, I still need to send them to her. I don't think she's reading at the moment so I guess it's safe to post 'em.

I saw these Jaywalker socks done up in several of these colourways so I think I'm going to order some of this yarn. Most expensive socks I'll own to date since you need two skeins. I just love these socks though. I was reading several people have made these on Addi needles. Ummm, I love Addi Turbo but there's not a cold chance in hell I'd attempt socks on them. They're wonderful for sweaters and mittens and whatever else you want on two needles, but that's just me.

Listening to Gogol Bordello ~ Gypsy Part of Town

No comments: