Friday, January 06, 2006

Mundane Friday

So today I am taking down all the Christmas decorations. I hate this. The whole house looks so magical and safe ad happy all lit up and all the decorations around and then it goes back to being a dull, boring place. I'm enjoying a glass of Absinthe while I take them down.

In knitting, I am doing the last block of the Aran Afghan, the seed stitch block. Now I just have to go back and make one more of each block and I can sew it all together. I can't wait...it looks really nice. I still need to mail the socks out to my friend for her birthday which was 31 December. I've just been in a funk for the past couple weeks. I keep telling myself one good way to look at it is that roller coaster riding season is fast approaching but then I think of all the magic of the holidays and I think "to hell with the coasters, I want Christmas to last forever" LOL! I know as soon as Great Adventure opens and I get my ass in a seat on a coaster I'll be happy.

On another note, I got myself Sirius on Monday. I did not get it for Howard Stern, I got it because I am so totally and completely disgusted and fed up with all the advertising on FM radio it's not even funny. I got a home unit so I can listen at home. You know, I never realised how much I missed listening to the radio until I got this. They have several hard rock/heavy metal stations, there's an 80's station, they have old time radio shows like The Shadow and Our Miss Brooks that I have missed hearing since the early 80's. There's BBC radio (music and news), Canadian Broadcasting, Comedy channels, Martha Stewart (one of the major factors why I did buy it). I guess it's appropriate to say I'm happy as a pig in shit with this. My radio has been on from 7 AM until 4 PM every day.

No comments: