Friday, January 27, 2006

Rockin' socks, wristband & hacking on a Friday

I guess I'm making up for lost time that I wasn't posting :)

First of all, I got the Socks That Rock yarn in the post today. I didn't expect it this quickly but I'm going to wind it and you know what I'll be doing tonight. Fire On The Mountain is the colourway. Also sandwiched between them is the wristband with that yarn I posted about yesterday. I can see why they discontinued it-you have to stop, drop and untangle every couple rows or it knots up.


I need to get me a yarn swift and ball winder. I do this the old fashioned way, with my feet LOL! Or sometimes on the backs of two chairs to hold the skein taught.

I'm freaking out-not sure if I'm being scammed or just over reacting to SPAM. I rarely go into my photography site anymore as I've not taken pictures in a long time. Long story short, in my web mail for my site, there's a note from someone on eBay asking about an item I'm selling. It looks official but I have never sold anything there and I would certainly not use my web site to do so...nowhere in the note was my registered eBay name. The thing that is spooking me is the note was addressed to me at my web site, infrared visions.com That seems a little too coincidental, no? I've since turned mail off for that web site and I spent hours yesterday changing all my passwords. Ordered my credit report this morning and nothing is wonky there. I sent a copy of the e mail I got to ebay to see if they can figure out what is going on.

No, I did not reply to the e mail, I've been phished often enough, especially by fake Pay Pal e mails that I don't reply to them period.

Which leads me to say sometimes technology sucks!

I feel better now that I got that off my chest LOL! Now it's time for lunch, then winding this yummy yarn.

Listening to AC/DC ~ For Those About To Rock

No comments: