Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cable Sampler Done!!!

SO...do you know what happens when you do this:


You end up with this:



I finished it the other day, put the collar on yesterday and blocked it and here it is. WHEW! DONE! FINITO! This was the third time I've knit this and I earned every bloody stitch of this. I will never knit this again even tho I wanted this in the original colours.

I'm not quite happy with the sleeves...the right sleeve is narrower than the left but I kinda figured that was going to happen the way the shaping happens. I'm not quite sure why the cast-on's for each sleeve are different. You start with 7 stitches on the left sleeve then keep adding 4 sts every other row for 17 rows or so, the right sleeve you add 2 sts every other row for 12 rows then 4 sts for X rows...bizarre! If this wasn't the third time I did this, I would re-do it and alter the sleeve shaping just to see what happens. I also would change the cables. The right sleeve is very drab...it's just rope cables with moss stitch dividing them. Given that this has 11 charts to follow, I don't know why they didn't just add 2 or 3 more to make the right sleeve a bit more interesting.

I've started a pair of Fair Isle socks last night that are fun. I was watching a movie and started dozing off while knitting-I think it's going to take me a while to get used to something not so involved now LOL! I do have a pattern from my friend Lorraine that I want to do, it's a beautiful cable jumper and will give me a good excuse to order some Black Water Abbey yarn I've been dying to try for the longest time. I need to make a cardigan...I've got all pull overs and no cardigans.

Damn! There was a sweater I saw on a tv show I wanted to try to copy too....I hope this is a LONG ASS winter, I've got too much knitting to do!

Would ya take a look at that fuckin' hair?! At this point, if I didn't think it would fly off on a roller coaster, I would cut it all off and buy a platinum wig. This is strawberry blond he did this time to give my hear a break. I didn't have any breakage since this was colour, not bleach but HOLY SHIT!!! It felt like acid burning off my scalp. I'm expecting scabs tomorrow morning I'm getting tired of this...I only want white hair and apparently it's either too damaging for my middle aged hair or it's not being done right which resulted in only the top of my hair burning off...I'm not sure which and at this point I really don't care. It looks ridiculous now....not sure what I'm going to do. Isn't there ANYBODY on this bloody earth that can bleach my hair platinum without breaking it off? SOMEBODY must be able to do this.

Anyway, I'm happy with the sweater. Onward and upward now.

Listening to: David Bowie~ Fame
On The Devil Box: The Man Who Fell To Earth

Yeah, I dunno...I'm in a Bowie mood I guess.

No comments: