Saturday, December 01, 2007

Met a Raveller Today

I went into Boston to meet a fellow Raveller today. We've been talking for a while and it was nice to meet someone into knitting that much. We had a cup of tea, sat in the Prudential Centre (high end shopping mall type place) looking through a couple of her Kaffe Fassett books and she took out her knitting. She was doing a nice fingerless mitt in the magic loop method. I've tried to do this before but could never wrap my head around it and it always ended up all sixes and sevens. I think I got it today....she had me do a few rounds and it was fun. I'm just not quite sure how to start off but I can figure out out pretty easily or we can meet up again and she can start me off.

I also got my first knitting in public experience doing that today. It was fun, but it was a quiet part of the mall and the few people around were too busy in their own conversations or food to give a toss what anybody else was doing. I could see maybe doing this in a group but as far as me pulling out sock or something to knit on the train going into Boston, I don't think so.

Speaking of socks, how's these babies?



When I saw these on Ravelry, I had to get the pattern and yarn. They are just so me-they're a lot of fun to knit as well. It's good to do some colourwork again. I guess it's safe to say this just kinda cements the point that I've crossed the line into being eccentric.I think CC Deville of Poison said the difference between crazy and eccentric is the size of your bank account. I'm not sure where mine officially puts me but I'm going with eccentric.

Suffice to say, I think there are a lot more of these in my future since I've got some great colourways in other yarns and there's a lot of variations on this sock so there's more fun to be had with these yet....

Listening to: Rob Costlow, Oceans

No comments: