Monday, December 17, 2007

Socks...and more socks....

So there's something to be said for being diagnosed with a hernia. You can make these:


instead of having to go out during a Nor'Easter and shovel. Of course, the down side is I can't lift much of anything aside from a box of shoes anymore LOL! I need to make more of these in different colourways and more starkly opposite colourways. There's A LOT of potential in these socks and since there are only 4 stitch repeats to the patterns, I could sit there some night with graph paper and chart my own. Hey-WItch socks! WOO HOO! Never thought of that before. We need more dark, stormy days so I can pour an Absinthe and try to come up with something along those lines.

I also made these Log Cabin socks for myself:





I've loved these ever since I made them for Chris who has NEVER worn his-they're balled up on a shelf collecting dust. I like the colourway I did his in but mine are nicer ;-) They're angora :-D These are sinfully soft....I'm VERY tempted to make another pair using up the rest of the Jade Sapphire I have but can't bring myself to use cashmere for socks..How dumb is that? ANgora socks but I can't push myself to make cashmere socks?

ANYWAY, we got a boatload of snow over the weekend...nice that I didn't have to shovel it but the city really does a piss poor job of it and I'm gonna start shit with city hall over taxes due to it but I'm not planning to take a Xanax today so I'm not gonna go into that. Those of you who know me know where I'm headed with this. I'll spare you the rant.

I think I'm gonna go another pair of socks now. There's a pattern I found on Ravelry that looks like it was made to go with the Patrick sweater I made last winter.

3.19 PM Edited to add- I just bought 5 skeins of cashmere. Jade Sapphire-yes, I know I had a horrible time with that last December-I know what I'm in for and I'm armed with Pharmaceuticals this time :D There will be another pair of these in cashmere...oh dear Goddess my feet can't wait!

On the Devil Box: Tales of the City

No comments: