Thursday, November 23, 2006

Post-Thanksgiving


{sigh} I don't know what to say anymore. Hmm..Thanksgiving was ok. I started out bad, I went nuclear earlier in the morning but I'm not going there again. Dinner was good, I anticipated it would be awful-we had issues with the turkey-well, the pan more specifically. But this is about knitting, isn't it...

Well...I'm knitting :-) I got one Log Cabin sock done. I'll post a picture as soon as I can get the spousal unit to model it. Kinda hard to get good pictures of it on my own leg. It's a real fun sock to do and it works up fast given that I'm so into Patrick and want to knit on that so much.

Oh yeah, I got a new camera. I got this beautiful Nikon camera on the 19th. I got tired of not having my own camera. Funny, usually I'm not keen on digital cameras, in fact, I am downright hostile towards them but I cannot praise this one enough. I absolutely love it. It takes gorgeous pictures and I feel more comfortable with it than that Minolta I had and ruined a few years ago (kicked over the tripod and it busted). This camera acts like any 35mm film SLR, I don't really feel like I'm using a digital camera. Since I've not shot pictures in almost 5 years, it's taking me a while to re-learn but I anticipate many happy years with this Nikon. And I always wanted a Nikon anyway. Now I just have to buy that infrared digital camera since Infrared is my real love in photography.

I shot this this evening with the new camera. I put the first Christmas decoration up after the Thanksgiving table was cleared. I love this, got it last year from the Bradford Exchange. I guess tomorrow I'll do more decorating. I was going to start tonight but I'm just too stuffed.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Playing in iTunes: No Ones Gonna Love You ~ SOS Band


You are The Moon


Hope, expectation, Bright promises.


The Moon is a card of magic and mystery - when prominent you know that nothing is as it seems, particularly when it concerns relationships. All logic is thrown out the window.


The Moon is all about visions and illusions, madness, genius and poetry. This is a card that has to do with sleep, and so with both dreams and nightmares. It is a scary card in that it warns that there might be hidden enemies, tricks and falsehoods. But it should also be remembered that this is a card of great creativity, of powerful magic, primal feelings and intuition. You may be going through a time of emotional and mental trial; if you have any past mental problems, you must be vigilant in taking your medication but avoid drugs or alcohol, as abuse of either will cause them irreparable damage. This time however, can also result in great creativity, psychic powers, visions and insight. You can and should trust your intuition.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

No comments: