Monday, November 13, 2006

Brittany Needles!


I spent the vast majority of the weekend knitting on Patrick and listening to knitting podcasts. It's been a long time since I listened to them, even tho I kept downloading them, so there was a lot to catch up on. It was good to "spend that time" with Marie Irshad and Brenda Dayne, I missed hearing them. I bought a new iPod on Saturday, my old one needed a battery and I just wanted a new one that had the colour screen. The battery is supposed to last 14 hours between charges and I just recharged it today so that was a lot of catching up and I'm still not done :-)

Today I got the last of my goodies in the post. My Brittany needles. I'm happy although it's absolutely obscene the money I've spend on each pair. My grandmother would never let me hear the end of it but how can you say no to something you covet so strongly? I totally blame Men Who Knit and their first issue of their 'zine. If not for that, I'd never have even known about Brittany needles, nor seen these beautiful Victorian topped, hand turned needles so it's all their fault. Now I have sizes 5-8 and wasted no time at all in putting Patrick on them.

Yes that's a ball of Jade Sapphire I bought. I'm trying to figure out what to knit with it-scarf or what. I was looking to see what type of gauge I got with it. I guess with 3 55-gram hanks for a scarf. I should go easy on the cables. The vase was something I got for my mom once but I just can't recall what the flower arrangement was for. It came with the raffia tied round it. I thought the sentiment of that vase was perfect for storing the needles.

On that note, I'm headed off to bed now. It's time to pull the shade on today and turn the page.

No comments: