Friday, November 10, 2006

Jade Sapphire, Patrick & Wood




I got some good stuff in the post today. It brightened my mood a bit. I got this Jade Sapphire cashmere - YAY! 2 hanks of Amethyst Haze and 4 hanks of Hydrangea. This is the 6 ply stuff, not the sock yarn. I figured I'd make fingerless gloves with the Amethyst given there's only 2 hanks of it. Trouble is, finding a nice pattern to suit the yarn. It has to be special for this beautiful yarn, no? Man does this feel nice!

I'll make a scarf with the Hydrenga, I loathe knitting scarves but I'll look through Barbara Walker's books to find a nice pattern to use. This stuff is going to be a big treat...THANK YOU KYRA!

If you look, you can see three wooden cable needles stuck in the yarn. I saw these in Knit Picks and had to order them. I'm a wood nut! I tried these on my current project but cotton yarn seems to stick to them, they'll be fine on cashmere and wool. Knit picks has some very cool stuff! I keep looking at their Bare yarn and dyes...I'm sort of getting tempted to try dying. Must finish my current project first.

This picture of my progress on Patrick is odd...I need to get it on two needles but didn't feel like knitting half a row. I should have an easier time as I also ordered 3 pairs of the Brittany needles I covet so much and those are a bit longer than normal needles. I have to really scrunch this up on my Clover bamboo needles when I'm done knitting for the day. Anyway, given this denim yarn is sport weight and I got my gauge on size 5 needles, I'm really surprised it's moving along as quickly as it is. Especially given the complexity of it. It really isn't bad at all once you get a rhythm going on it and I find I get lost in the knitting and hours pass before I realise I need to stop to eat or something LOL! I can't believe I'm knitting this...can't wait to wear it, but what a lot of weight it is for bamboo needles. Hope it doesn't break the Brittany's. I forgot how heavy cotton can get. It's been about 22 years since I last knit with cotton.

No comments: