Sunday, September 16, 2007

Rowan Plaid

I don't know what to say about this yarn other than is is so soft and wonderful, it's like knitting a cloud. I started that pattern Atmosphere from the Rowan Plaid book, and here is a progress picture. Actually, quite a bit of progress has been made since I shot this last weekend. The back is done and I'm up to the underarm shaping on the front as of 10 PM last night.

I'm so digging this sweater and can't wait to wear it.

I think I've given up on the dragon shawl for now. I don't have a nice house to display it yet so what's the point? It's a lot more difficult than I thought. There is a neat shawl pattern I can try to get my groove with in Rowan magazine 34.

I am so anxious to get into Ravelry, have been not-so-patiently checking my space on the waiting list and if the invites continue as they have the past two days, I should be able to get on there by the end of next week, unless they crank out the invites even faster, who knows. I'm absolutely DYING to get on there!!!

I also am eating a nice, big, juicy, fat crow pie. Umm, for years I have railed against cell phones. I never saw the attraction, obsession or need for them unless you were a doctor who had patients lives hanging in the balance. I bought an iPhone this past Friday. Apple whore that I am, I just couldn't resist any longer. It's not so much for the phone, I barely talk to anybody on my home phone as it is but the Notes feature is really helpful, the camera will come in handy for a quick snap of a new luscious yarn to add to my stash or a cute guy on the street new pair of needles I have to have and add to my list. I'm really impressed with it and love it so far. I guess this means I won't be getting the new iPod Touch now LOL! Apple's new products are worse than drugs in that sense....I crave them. It's funny, anybody that knows me now is so surprised "YOU, of all people, got an iPhone?" RTOFLOL!

No comments: