Saturday, September 29, 2007

OMG-I love finishing!

When I posted after I went to WEBS, I got so lost in the yarn p0rn, I forgot an item I bought. A DVD called The Hand Knitter's Guide to Sweater Finishing with Leslye Solomon. This was, hands down, THE BEST fifty bucks I ever spent-she is AMAZING. I never dreaded stitching a sweater together but by the same token, I didn't look forward to it either. This video changed that. No more bulky seams, no more dents where the side seams start. This sweater I just finished would make my grandmother proud the way I put it together. It's the neatest job I've ever done and you can't see it at all. I did graft the shoulder seams, afterall.

If this DVD is not in your library, GET IT! It covers EVERYTHING and I'm looking forward to finishing and stitching a sweater together now, almost as much as actually knitting it.

I probably should have made the medium, I love oversized things, even more now that I'm getting older, but I can fit a second person in this with me, like the model in the book...I'm just sayin'. I love this sweater tho, it's going to be my favourite. The yarn is awesome, Rowan plaid. I have more to knit another jumper. It's so soft...and WARM! Of course, winter donesn't really arrive till February anymore so I've still got a few months to wait.

I'm just as addicted to Ravelry as I was Second Life when I discovered that, if not more. No, I'm not stopping blogging tho I dunno how many read it anymore. I think a blog goes hand in hand with Ravelry. One word of advice....FREEZE YOUR CREDIT CARDS NOW BEFRE YU GET YOUR INVITE! I'm droppin' money left & right now. Nobody warned me once you're on, your credit cards melt into a puddle of plastic. I got a bunch of sock yarn on the way here...can't wait!

I joined a Hallowene shawl KAL. I never did a knitting KAL before. Funny thing is shawl calls for approx. 480 beads so I went off in searh of some seed beads. Found some no problem and ordered half a kilo. Then I wondered if that was enough-what do I know? I never did beads before. SO I wrote them and asked if I should get another one. ROTFLMFAO!!!! They replied today saying there's approx. 48 THOUSAND seed beads in a half kilo. Anybody need any black seed beads? LOL!

Here's a shot of me in the new sweater. Guess you can tell the top of my hair is kinda burnt off. I hve a small patch in front still very long. I decided since I'm not yet ready to look normal and quit bleaching it white, Im going to turn a negative into a positive...I'm gonna have him cut the little bit remaining so it's the same length...this way I can spike it up and maybe throw some manic Panic in-purple and green and fuchsia and orange and whatever else catches my eye. No blue...the blue is so goddamned strong and I don't want it turning the rest of my hair blue. I can always add extensions if I get too down on the short hair.

No comments: