Sunday, September 02, 2007

Felting and WEBS and S.E.X.

I don't know where to start first. I guess at the beginning is the best place. In my last post I said I was working on an awesome pair of slippers. I can't wait to show them off so here's a quick shot as they're drying to shape. These Elf Slippers caught my eye about a month ago and just begged for me to make them. I have never felted before and wanted to try it, and this pattern was perfect. These are so me it's not funny LOL! They said for kids & ladies but a kooky bohemian type like me, why not?! These were so easy to do and fun, I'll be making more. As soon as they're dry, I'll take better pictures. I was going for a jewel tone with the yarn. I got blue, purple, burgundy and green. The purple looks darker here than it really is...it is really pretty in the daylight. Felting is a lot of fun!

Yesterday, we went to WEBS...I've been ordering from them for a while and decided to go, they're only a hair under 2 hours from where I live. WOW! What a place, err, palace LOL! It reminded me of the yarn stores that were so abundant around here when I was a kid. WEBS might be great on the internet but in person...HOLY CRAP!!!! They're so friendly and all that yarn! HONESTLY...I DID NOT MEAN TO SPEND $300. THERE! LOL! I got some Noro that had me drooling, the way the colours look knitted up, I thought they'd make a great scarf. The blue tones of the Rowan Plaid are going into the sweater DYLAN from their Country book. And although the name Kaffe Fasset sends me running to the hills pulling clumps of my hair out, I couldn't resist this Regia sock yarn he has out. I'm not real sure which sock pattern I'll use with it. The Lopi colours are for another pair of slippers.



And I got these books. This New Pathways for Sock Knitters is a MUST HAVE. I'd never heard of Cat Bordhi before but this book has amazing socks and new techniques I can't wait to try. The other book, A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting, had neat stuff. I have to knit my cat a bed....it is just too tempting seeing them in the book.

I guess that's about it for now. I don't know what to go jump into first now with all these goodies.

No comments: