Friday, August 03, 2007

New Socks

I was scanning some blogs and found these socks over on Criminy Jickets and thought I'd give them a whirl. I love the J-Walkers but wanted to try another pattern for a change. They knit up really fast but unfortunately, the cable pattern doesn't show up well in this yarn. It looks nice in person. The yarn was, I believe, Mountain Colours' Wildflower.






There's another cable sock I am dying to try but I just sent for yarn for a Dragon Shawl that should be coming any day. I don't know where I'm going to put the shawl. Maybe hang it on the wall since with my cat, it's a dangerous proposition to drape a lace shawl on the sofa. I may be biting off more than I can chew with this since I have never tried lace before and this looks quite involved.

The Fall issue of Interweave Knits arrived in my post box yesterday. Ummm, I'm officially asking that this autumn extends until next July as there's FAR too many things in there I want to knit. First of which is the Cobblestone sweater from Brooklyn Tweed. I've always loved what I've seen him do on his blog so it'll be a treat to get to knit one of his designs.

Lots of other stuff going on that I don't feel like getting into but we're going to go ride coasters again in 3 weeks. This is a record for us going to NJ and man it feels good!

Happy Knitting!

No comments: