Friday, July 06, 2007

Rail Riding!

Wow, it's been forever since I last posted. I've been knitting a bit here and there. It's the pattern "Seahorse" from the Rowan Denim book.It is a beautiful pattern but I'm finding it more difficult than Patrick LOL! GO figure. I always did say I had an easier time with the harder stuff than I did the things that should be easy.


I was also told by my doctor that I have a hernia. Wonderful...just one more thing for me to obsess over. It's small, he says, and he didn't seem too concerned with it yet but eventually I'm going to need surgery and I'm not thrilled with the idea. I'm a wuss that way-this is why men don't get pregnant. LOL! Women are stronger.

I'm still writing erotica, have had several stories published and was asked to write a story for a publication coming out next year. That'll give me time to develop a story I've had in my head for months.

Chris and I went to the amusement park last month. Finally got over my fear of hypercoasters. It was never so much the height that scared me so much as the LONG, SLOW trip UP the lift hill. We met a friend of mine there and first ride of the day was on Nitro...230 feet tall, 66 degree drop. I dunno what the hell I waited so long to ride it for...it was pure heaven and the lift hill wasn't as bad as I had imagined. Here is a shot of us on it...this is taken at the bottom of the first drop. No, those two kids next to Chris are not my friends, I dunno who they are. My friend was there with her son earlier and had to leave.

I'm in the black t shirt with the pink BC Rich guitars logo on it. Chris is next to me with his eyes tightly closed LOL! I'm almost ready to do Nitro with my hands in the air. Here's a point of view video of it..I did not shoot it. NITRO

Then we rode El Toro , one of the largest wooden roller coasters on the East Coast and currently the steepest drop on ANY wooden coaster in the world-not sure how long that record will last but this thing is fast, intense and WAY too much fun. I am now addicted to step drops. While Nitro is smooth as glass and a very gentle ride-EL Toro is just as smooth but is literally like riding a bull...it has MASSIVE ejector air. Your butt is not in your seat from the first drop until you hit the intense twister finale.

Here is us on El Toro...

We're going back in 2 weeks and have one more coaster left to conquer, Kingda Ka. That'll be a piece of cake. Can't wait to get back and spend all day on the coasters again.

I also started playing guitar...again. I bought myself another one to complete the set I had started. This is a BC Rich Bich....10 strings. I was never able to get this guitar back in the 80's...something always happened when I ordered it. 20 years late but better late than never. Ain't she purdy?

Hope you all are enjoying your summer....more later...

No comments: