Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Once more into the bleach

I finally found a new hair stylist who said he can do what I want. I go Thursday to get my roots done but he is doing my whole head so I'll be a total blond (that doesn't sound good! LOL!) and no more bloody foils. I told him I want to be pure white...weather he can achieve that I'm not sure. I'm not too keen on his attitude...maybe it's a guy thing but I don't like guys doing my hair. I think men turn out better with women doing their hair and vice versa. I'm getting nervous now that I'm going to end up with a lot of breakage which shouldn't happen if he stays on me watching like a hawk. I will not end up like I want on Thursday...if he takes me up to white, it'll be a slow, gradual process as my hair can fry off but in any event, I should appear much lighter once all the roots are done. That darkens it and makes me unhappy I think. I just wish I could figure out why this sudden 'need' to go pure snow white. My hair already knots up something fierce as it is when we ride roller coasters and I still have some natural hair. I can imagine when I'm totally bleached. OMG! LOL!

Sometimes I wish my hair wasn't thinning on top, I'd love to take a break from the bleach and dye my hair dark, to the same colour as Katharine McPhee's hair which is slightly darker than my natural colour was...oh how many years ago did that see the light of day? LOL! The darker my hair is, the more noticeable the thinning spot on top is which is why I keep it blond...the lighter my hair, the more invisible the thinning spot is.

On to knitting news....I think I'm going to abandon Rowan's Seahorse sweater. I like it but not enough to keep knitting it-my friend Kyra sent me a link last night for a new book coming out that has this sweater in it:




I love this so much so I think I'm going to rip Seahorse back and rewind the yarn into balls and wait for this book to come out and knit this. I'll have to order about 10 more balls which means the dye lot will probably be off some but that's ok...the yarn fades in the wash. I wish I could get hold of the designer to ask how much yarn it takes.

I guess this means I can go grab some sock yarn and get going on some new fall socks in the meantime LOL! I have a funky slipper pattern on the way to me too...can't WAIT to do those!

I also need to work on that dragon shawl...I've had nothing but trouble with one row. I love a challenge but this is proving to be to difficult and I usually don't have all that much trouble with hard stuff. It's the easy stuff that throws me.

No comments: