Friday, February 02, 2007

Desk Mess

I was looking over some blogs and saw this over on Sam's blog and thought why not. This is the mess I call my desk. It's not always been this way but I think this shows how bad my mental state got. I've been wanting to organise it but since this is upstairs and nobody really sees it, it's not a high priority since I've been getting the downstairs straightened out. Man, this is embarrassing. I'm not this much of a slob.

I saw a really nice computer armoire at a furniture store last year that I'd love to get but not until I move into a nice home in a nice neighbourhood. I'm done spending in this house. It's kind of a sin to hide a Macintosh like that since they're just so cool to look at.

Right then-after seeing some of your blogs, it seems colour work is the in thing right now so I went and downloaded this Northern Lights Mitten pattern from Knit Picks. I just downloaded it and maybe I'll order the yarn next week. Its not really been mitten weather and I don't really wear mittens (fingerless mitts, yeah) but I'd like to get back into colour work since you have inspired me. I've done stranded work before (my Zebra Sweater) and it is not nearly as bad as intarsia. I only wish I had done an argyle sweater first as I highly doubt I will ever again do intarsia after doing a Kaffe Fassett pattern. Once was more than enough for me. There goes my classic argyle.

Do you suppose they'll discover scents are carcinogenic? LOL! Everything else seems to be. I say this only because scent has a very powerful impact on me. I use Nantucket Natural Oils a lot. I was simmering his Sweet Jasmine oil tonight while I was working on the start of the last sleeve of Patrick. There's other oils too. Not to mention I'll spray my room or sheets with stuff that takes me back to different times in my life. Often I'll squirt a spritz or two of a perfume my mom would wear into the room. I dunno, I just find scent a very comforting thing. I need to get some honeysuckle oil to simmer. My grandparetns had a lotof that in their yard and I don't think I've smelled that since I was a we lad-I only remember it attracted every bee in the tri-state area but boy did it smell nice.

I guess I'll quit here for tonight. I had been listening to 4 or 5 back to back episodes of Chub Creek today and had sort of planned to do an audio entry for a change but wasn't quite sure how to go about it and I felt kinda stupid sitting here talking to myself so I did a normal entry instead.

Currently playing in iTunes ~ Midnight Syndicate The 13th Hour

No comments: