Saturday, August 30, 2008

Twisting Wicker

Err, Dicker Twicket....no, no...WICKED TWISTER! That's it! I made an interesting discovery last week at Cedar Point thanks to this ride. I found my extreme hesitation to do rides like Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda ka have to do with the fact I'm not too keen on laying on my back facing the sky at a 90 degree angle. I don't know why.

This ride was the closest I'll ever get to the now defunct Chiller that Six Flags fucked up (as only six flags knows how to do). CRAZY FUN! You get launched 3 times forward, twice backwards on this fun contraption. 215 feet tall, 70 MPH. First launch takes you part way up the spike, ditto the reverse. When you come down from the back spike the first time, you feel just how strong a push the magnets thrust you out to climb much higher on the front spike. ALl the while twisting around like a candy cane.

I did not mind being on the back spike, facing the ground at 90 degrees...the front spike spooked me a little bit. I'm not real sure why-that's fucked up logic, no? Looking at the sky should be easier and the ground scarier? For this reason I probably could never go up in the space shuttle. But now that I see where my fear lies, I can probably conquer TOp Thrill Dragster next time.

I actually made a second discovery-I'm no longer so enamored with the poorly run, money grubbing, highway robbery chain known as Six Flags. I'm a confirmed Cedar Point fan boy! Six Flags ought to be ashmaed of themselves. No, let me rephrase that...Red Zone management and the asshole that is CEO should be...the park was fine until he took over. Fuck him and his chain-we goin' back to the point next year!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!

Next post will come my newest love who stole my heart..but that's for next time. Gotta present her well, she's very very special!

For now....enjoy WICKED TWISTER! The music stinks but the ride kicked ass! Loved this.Chris was laughing every time we ride. Said it made my hair look like I stuck my finger in a power point. LMAO!



Here's an on ride POV from the front. Sorry, the raw intensity of this just does not come through in videos. it's probably the most intense coaster I've ever ridden, but that's just me.

No comments: