Friday, August 08, 2008

Pianos

SO I found this guy on the 'net who tunes pianos. Found several actually but this dude sounded the best of them so he came today to tune my piano. First time its been tuned in 19 years. Was WAY flat....it's better than it was but still flat. He comes again next week to tune it again and this time it should be in perfect tune. He said it actually appreciated in value-it's worth 2 grand more than what my grandparents paid for it when they got it for me back in '86. Good to know but I don't plan on selling it. I banged out a little Kate Bush, F'wood Mac, Queen and Suzanne Ciani. Feels good to play but I'm really really rusty and it's a bit embarrassing given the level I was at back in the 80's.
I don't like to be heard just yet but my dad paces round and round.

I'm thinking of taking lessons again, classical. I love the discipline of classical but I remember how hard it was at the time my dad got early retirement. I was already pretty adept at that point and having him pace round and round would throw my count off. Not sure it's worth it to take again even tho I want to.

Ain't she purdy??!



He even told me to polish the brass...I didn't know, for some odd reason,this could be done. The Yamaha logo is actually a brass inlay in the wood. I thought it was painted on and lost forever. It was really really dingy. Looks like the day the 3 guys brought her in and set her up! The pedals too-they were BLACK. Not anymore WOOT! WOOT!



I also got a couple movies from Amazon. On Ravelry, a friend was saying there's this German movie with English subtitles...Mostly Martha. Loving the German language so much, I ordered it. Wouldn't you know it came today-when the Olympics begin. DAMNIT! I also got Fantastic Voyage. Love those old sci-fi moves.

No comments: