Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Spring Winter day


Holy Crap...it was almost 70 degrees yesterday-this is January....it's not normal. While I'm not asking for snow, cold weather would be nice. I've not gotten to make any soup this year. I'm one of those weird people that won't make soup unless it's cold. There's a movie I've been wanting to watch too but it sorta requires some cold weather to really watch it properly. There's just some movies you watch over the winter that you don't watch over the summer and vice versa, you know?

I spent the all of yesterday winding that infernal jade sapphire yarn into balls. It took about 2 1/2 Twilight Zone episodes to wind each hank into a ball. I have never seen a hank so messed up....winding in and out of itself, it started to go one way then would double back on itself. WTF? I will be writing to them tomorrow. I now have 5 balls wound-two words NEVER AGAIN. I didn't want to use it for socks thinking it was too special but after that, they are SO getting make into Log Cabin socks....Besides, it's been so warm and not really scarf of mitten weather.

My amaryllis bloomed too the other day. My mom always had these around, I guess I got mine too late to bloom for Christmas. Anyway, it's pretty. I heard what I thought was my cat jumping off a table or something. It was the damn flower that tipped over. I'd always read they have a tendency to tip but never had one that actually did. Mine did. One flower is all cut up now but at least the stalk didn't break. There's another stalk that's a bit smaller ready to bloom. I'm glad I got pics before it tipped.

Have been getting some laughs listening to Lime & Violet. I'm caught up to episode 13. They're awesome! Also finally subscribed to Chub Creek after listening to Brenda Dayne talk about him so much. His show is cool.

No comments: