Friday, January 26, 2007

Half a sleeve, home stretch


I've been knitting full steam ahead on this sweater. Got half a sleeve done in the past couple of days. It's funny, the memories that go along with these. This sweater will be forever reminding me of Lime & Violet and Chub Creek as that's what I mainly listened to while knitting it. A few episodes of OZ here and there but mainly podcasts kept me company. I still can't believe how fast the knitting went on this. I was convinced when I first started it that I'd be knitting this till doomsday but once you get a rhythm going, it really sort of flies along and it's just too interesting watching the cables move along.

I need to go buy some sock yarn. My doctor totally freaks when he sees the socks I wear. Mainly it's been the two pairs of Jaywalkers I've worn. The green ones and the multi-colour candy coloured ones. Since I have one more appointment in May for a complete physical, I'll need to get and make one more pair of Jaywalkers. I'm debating weather to knit them on a size larger needle as they are a royal pain in the ass to get on my foot-then again, I don't think they were meant for a man's foot but who cares LOL! They're cool socks! And so far, of the three or four pairs of socks I've knit, the Jaywalkers show off the yarn the best.

Went to the eye doctor yesterday, made out OK there for now. I am so damn tired of doctors now, it seems that's all I did January was go see doctors. Last one up is the friggin' dentist. They scare me most of all, financially and anxiety wise. That dentist office smell and those torture tools just really wig me out.

I spent 90 minutes getting a copper kettle polished up this morning. I had let it really get nasty...just hadn't been feeling all that great the past couple years...that old "FTW" attitude. Now that I'm feeling better, I decided to get it clean. I'm so happy I've got a shiny copper tea kettle on my stove again. I never thought that could be saved...lots of elbow grease and 90 minutes was all it took. I love copper, even if it is a royal PITA to keep shiny.

No comments: