Thursday, August 24, 2006

Getting back into the swing of things

I guess with the approach of fall, the knitting bug is starting to bite me again. I'm beginning to feel all autumnal and it feels nice!

Lesse, the past two days I've spent ripping back the Aran cardigan I did last winter. I decided that I didn't knit it to sit on a foot locker only to look at and say "Look at how pretty it is!" I knit it to wear it and it's too tight so.....RIBBIT! Most of the yarn is washed and drying now. I'll re-knit it at some point this fall/winter. incidentally, Bacardi Silver Big Apple is a great drink while ripping a sweater! YUM!

Between the latest Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting mag, there's enough I want to do that I'm positive I'll never get to. The cover sweater on Vogue's fall issue is one I think I'll do...if I crop it to waist length, it shouldn't be too foo-foo for a guy to wear.


There's a sweater jacket in an ad for Artful yarns in the latest IK mag that I am going to make. At the moment I'm waiting for my friendly UPS man to bring the yarn. I ordered it yesterday and is due at my door within the next hour. The yarn looks really cool. I'll post a picture when I get it and have a decent bit knit up.

No comments: