Thursday, October 05, 2006

Aran Block


Let's see if I can get this photo to upload today. Having unraveled my Aran cardigan I knit last fall, I used some of the wool to work on a pillow. I was unable to get one of the fronts undone without having to cut into it so I think all around I'll just get more wool and knit it fresh. Maybe I can muster a vest out of what's left.

ANY-WHO....This block from the Great American Aran Afghan has always been sorta special to me. I don't know why but it's the block that most strongly called to me. I love the idea of an Aran sweater in miniature sewn to a block.What a cool idea. On the reverse of the pillow, I'm knitting another of the blocks. I just can't seem to bring myself to knit a plain stocking stitch block. How {YAWN} dull.

There's some other stuff I've wanted to link to but will have to wait. I can't recall all of it off the top of my head so I'll save it for next post.

No comments: